Friday, June 20, 2008

Success



Thirty-three across, "to be unsuccessful." When doing a crossword puzzle, the correct word doesn't always come to mind the first time. I usually go through and fill in the words that I know are definitely the correct answers, then go from there. There is obviously more than one word synonymous to being unsuccessful, but filling in the other squares will give you little clues as to what the word could be. Finally you realize that the only word that could fit there is "fail."

Don't we all run into this in life? Where you're doing so many things to come to one conclusion, just to end up in failure? Have you ever studied hours on end for a test only to receive a failing grade back? It will always amaze me how hard we all have to work and how many times we have to fail in order to work to the pinnacle of as little as one amount of success, whatever units that would be measured in. A successful relationship? A three-figure salary? Fame? A bonus?

As successful as I may appear to be so far in life, I have failed so many times. I've failed tests, failed to be that girl a guy was looking for, failed my dad when I've lied. I've gone through so many failures just to pick myself up again and continue on the path hoping that maybe the next event will be my success. I haven't found that success yet. What if it isn't worth it? Once you reach that point, you'll know. I'm waiting for that moment when it rushes through my veins and I think to myself, "It was worth it." So when you feel like everything in your life has failed you or you've failed it, pick yourself up and keep climbing the pyramid of success. It doesn't matter that it's mostly made up of failures, the top is really the only thing that matters because it means you've won the game.

No comments: